The Construction Difference
The Service Difference
Tour Our Beautiful Homes
|Home Builders in St. Louis|
Contact us to begin discussing ideas for your dream home today.
Energy Efficient Renovation in Olivette, MO
Open House July 28th 10am - 2pm
Tour Our Energy Efficient Renovation in Olivette, MO
RSVP via Facebook to stay up to date & get reminders!
When the Levine family of Olivette, MO became the new owners of an all brick, ranch home that their grandparents built, they knew they needed more space for their growing family and to upgrade the home to meet current energy efficient, durability, and performance standards.
Hibbs Homes joined forces with Verdatek Solutions to design and build a home renovation that not only gives the family more space, but also a high-performance home that leads the industry in energy efficiency and makes as much energy as it consumes and one that offers superior indoor air quality for healthy, comfortable living.
This home is an excellent example of what St Louisans can do with aging properties to increase their value and performance, and also shows how individual homeowners can take advantage of renewable energy and natural resources to reduce their utility bills and create a healthier home.Here are just some of the features of this home that will be on display during the open house on July 28:
- Replaced an outdated HVAC system with a highly efficient geothermal heating and cooling system.
- Thorough caulk and seal package with unique hybrid lycnene foam and fiberglass insulation.
- Energy efficient windows, lights, appliances and low-flow plumbing.
- An additional three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the second floor addition.
- Appraised value increased more than $400,000.
- Salvaged and refinished original hardwood or used sustainable bamboo flooring on the main levels.
- Skylights and solar power throughout take full advantage of natural lighting to reduce energy usage.
- Outstanding indoor air quality for a healthier living environment.
This home is a beautiful example of how a heritage property can be upcycled for more function, and overhauled to exceed the increasing demand for high performance, green and durable homes in today's real estate market.