St. Louis’s Green Home Builder
Building a new, custom home means you benefit from the value of the latest in energy efficient and high-performance home designs and practices. Building your new homes using energy-efficient practices saves you an average of 20% in energy costs and maintenance.
As an Energy STAR building partner and RESNET Energy Smart Builder, Hibbs Homes stays up to date with high efficiency home building and design practices. You can be assured that we incorporate the most efficiency and value into every home we build because you will recieve a certified HERS score rating for energy efficiency. Like MPG on a vehicle, this HERS score measures the efficiency of your home and ranks it on scale with other energy efficent and conventional homes.
Our St. Louis energy efficient homes have minimal utility bills, and, because of their advanced design, they are also more comfortable to live in. In fact, many of our clients are surprised to find that, even with a larger home, their monthly utility and maintenance bills are significantly lower after moving into their new home.
Features of our Energy Efficient Homes
- A tightly sealed thermal envelope, which includes the walls, roof, windows, insulation – anything that protects the inside from out.
- Controlled ventilation to account for the tight seal of the thermal envelop while allowing proper ventilation and fresh air exchange.
- Properly sized, high-efficiency heating and cooling systems that provide comfort without operating in a wasteful manner.
- Energy efficient windows, doors, appliances and lighting throughout.
The latest innovations in energy efficient home design take into consideration solar orientation, environmental factors, and climate needs according to the climate zone where the home is located. One basic example of the considerations of energy efficient home design include window location and climate – while a window that traps the sun’s rays is great up north where the climate is cooler wouldn’t work well in southern climates.
High Performance Green Home Builder
At Hibbs Homes, we work hard to stay up-to-date with the latest innovations in building technology for the St Louis area. In fact, we built the North American Active House USA prototype right here in Webster Groves. Every home that we build is built to be more efficient and durable than other traditional homes. Our team is focused on building homes that provide a higher level of quality from the ground up.
As leaders in green home building in St. Louis, we are proud to say we’re leading the charge for high-performance home building in St. Louis.
- We built Active House USA in Webster Groves, a cutting-edge, energy efficient, sustainable home. Learn more.
- In February 2015, we proudly unveiled Proud Green Home St. Louis, Missouri’s greenest custom home, located in Wildwood, Missouri. Learn more about this project.
- Many of the homes we build are Energy STAR-rated.
- Hibbs Homes is an Energy STAR partners through the U.S. Department of Energy.
- As an energy efficient home builder, Hibbs Homes is a designated RESNET home builder.
- Owner and general contractor Kim Hibbs holds the esteemed Certified Green Professional designation through the National Association of Home Builders.
Sample of Green Home Building Projects in St. Louis
Sustainable Home Building
At Hibbs Homes, we believe in building better. We often refer to “the Hibbs Homes difference,” and this is precisely what we mean. Whether you’re looking to build a custom home to have more space for your growing family – or because you want a home that is energy efficient and lower maintenance, we are focused on ensuring that every custom home building project we undertake adheres to a higher standard.
Certified Green Home Building
Our founder and owner, Kim Hibbs, earned his designation as a Certified Green Professional™ through the National Association of Home Builders, and brought those green home building standards to bear in St. Louis projects, including Active House USA, Proud Green Home St. Louis and private energy efficient custom home projects across the region.
Adhering to the standards of this designation, we follow green building principles (also known as “high-performance home building” standards) as a part of every project, ensuring that every new home built realizes:
- Lower utility bills
- Better indoor air quality
- Unparalleled comfort, and
- Lower maintenance costs and higher durability
Energy Efficiency Guaranteed
Sustainable homes are more than a trend – they are a responsible choice for your family and for future generations, and we want to make it easier for our clients to make this change. As St. Louis’s most established and reputable green home builder, our hope is to continue to lead the charge for better quality home construction for years to come.
As part of our high-performance pledge, we offer a Residential Energy Guarantee on qualified new home construction built in St. Louis and St. Charles County. This warranty offers homeowners on qualified projects the assurance that they will realize significant utility savings as a result of our green home building methods.
If you’re considering a custom home build or purchasing an existing home, speak with our team to first to learn all of your options. Review our custom home building process here – and hear from Fred, one of our recent clients who built an energy efficient home in St. Louis County and is proud to share his satisfaction.